FS racer and Sail GP competitor Daniela Moroz wins both FKSS tour stops in Spain.
Recap Cutty Sark FKSS Castelló & Valencia: Last weekend the event brought 101 athletes, coming from 18 different countries, from four continents to the capital of La Plana. On the final race day the wind was not on their side at Gurugú Beach. At around three o’clock in the afternoon, a southeast wind kicked in and the Gold group with the top 40 sailors of the fleet in Castellón started the race. The Committee decided to give them two starts so that there would be a margin for the Silver group to compete in the races with those who had finished between 41st and 80th place in the Open and Amateur class. But as soon as the two races in the top group were finished, the wind dropped and no more starts were possible.
FS athlete Martin Dolenc from Croatia became third, sailing two podiums in a row: make sure to keep an eye on this one during this year’s championships – we heard he’s hungry.
Also a big shoutout to Swiss-based Maximilian Maeder with only 15 years old for taking home 5th place in the men’s category & and as well congrats to Magda Woyciechowska from Poland with only 16 years taking home as well 5th place in the women’s category.
“I feel very good after two weeks of competition in which things have gone really well for me. It’s been fantastic with a great fleet and also with a lot of women competing. It has been more complicated here than in Valencia with the separation of the fleets and the girls have raised the level. It has been more challenging than last week. The regatta is very good, with very good conditions and we had a great time. It’s great to have so many people here in Covid’s time. I love being an ambassador for this regatta, the atmosphere is incredible. I hope to be in Formentera in October.“
Final women’s ranking of the Cutty Sark FKSS 2021 Castellón:
1. Daniela Moroz (USA), 61 points. – FS TEAM
2. Lauriane Nolot (FRA), 72 p.
3. Katie Dabson (GBR), 81 p.
4. Julia Damasiewicz (POL), 87 p.
5. Magdalena Woyciechowska (POL), 93 p. – FS TEAM
6. Gisela Pulido (ESP), 97 p.
1. Axel Mazella (FRA) 6 points.
2. Theo de Ramecourt (FRA), 7 p. – FS TEAM
3. Martin Dolenc (CRO), 12 p. – FS TEAM
4. Maxs Zakowski (POL), 14 p.
5. Maximilian Maeder (SIN), 16 p. – FS TEAM
6. Florian Gruber (GER), 19 p. – FS TEAM
7. Connor Bainbridge (GBR), 20p.
8. Riccardo Pianosi, 24.33p.
9. Mario Calbucci, 25 p.
10. Arthur Lhez, 33 p. – FS TEAM